Friday, November 27, 2009

Blindsided By Basketball

Ok, so today started out pretty uneventful, yeah? I woke up at about 10:30, ran around campus for a little bit and then came back and took a shower in preparation for eating thanksgiving at the Barrs'. Which, by the way, was amazing! I am about to heat some of the leftovers that they gave me and I can't wait (even if it is 2 in the morning).

However, before I left, I invited a bunch of the guys from the Zoar Baptist Church youth group to play some basketball on campus. I wasn't sure if they accept the offer, but then I kind of forgot how much they love basketball. Long story short-they came over and we played a full court game, a half-court game, and a bunch of games of knockout. Needless to say, I definitely got my workout for the day and I had a whole lot of fun, too.

After the games, Charlie and I planned to see the movie The Blind Side and invited the guys to come as well, they all came along and can I just say how awesome that movie was?!? I had heard it was good from some of my other friends, but I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was. Now some of you will probably disagree, but I really liked the movie. Yeah, at times it was kind of feel good-sappy, but I was really impressed with the movie as a whole and loved the overall feel that it had. Plus, I spent a little bit of time wondering how I would handle each situation and what kind of counseling I could use to help the situation.

My challenge for today, for you readers as well as myself, is to find someone in your community in whom you can invest some time and energy. It doesn't matter who, or if anyone else knows that you are doing it. But you cannot imagine the impact that one person taking the time to be there can have on a person. So get out there and be there for someone who needs someone to whom they can turn. (Is it just me or do a lot of my challenges seem to follow along the same theme?)

Later, gator

David

No comments:

Post a Comment