Friday, November 20, 2009

Almost-the song I am lstening to, while I type this.

Today was a good day. Some things that I have dreading happened-wait, what? I hear you ask. You mean to tell me, that it was a good day because things you were dreading actually happened? That sounds crazy. Doesn't it, though?

Anyway, there were necessary things that took place and they went perhaps better than I could have imagined-although, as they say, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. So we will have to wait and see how things unfurl from here. But thanks and praise to God for working in that situation and providing an opportunity and means through which to accomplish those things.

Also, thanks to you guys for reading these inane musings-sometimes, it is nice just to know that people are listening...or in this case, reading. Some of you know that listening is one of my greatest talents and so when I find it in another person my respect for them increases exponentially. There are far too few listeners in this world and they are often overlooked because they spend most of their time listening rather than talking and making themselves the center of attention. So, my challenge for today for myself and you readers, is to seek out those listeners in your life and tell them thank you. Whether that be as simple as taking the time to find them and verbally thank them, or to write them a thank you note, or just give them a big hug. Also, encourage them in their listening, so they know that it is valuable and does make a difference.

I played racquetball with a friend who I have been trying to meet with for a while today-he is better than I was expecting, he beat me 10-8 one on one. I also got to meet two of his friends, who I hope I can continue to get to know as well.

Do you ever notice how it can be the simplest thing that blesses you so much? A simple facebook message can alter your view and bring a new perspective to a situation. Today, I am thankful for parents who are involved in their children's lives.

Later, gator

David

No comments:

Post a Comment