Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Don't you get it, man? We're all losers"

Hey guys, in case you were wondering the title of this blog is indeed a quote. It is from the TV show Glee, the pilot episode to be precise. At this point, the star quarterback is faced with a choice-quit the Glee club and restore the natural social order by being a jock, or break the norm and "lower" himself to another social circle.

I use the term lower because that is what popular American society wants you to believe; however, it is not what I believe nor is it what Finn or the creators of Glee think. And for that I applaud them. There are lots of shows that break the stereotypes (Big Bang Theory, Chuck, etc.), so how is Glee different? I don't know that it is; I just find it refreshing to know that there is a show that says it is ok to do what makes you happy and not do something just to fit in. Granted, I have only seen the first episode, but I think that this show is going to be a really good one.

I went to see the Zoar boys play in their first basketball game today. They played well and were very sportsmanlike-I was impressed. They lost, but I don't think that any of them let it get them down. I think they enjoyed the game and had fun playing-and isn't that what matters anyway? When I lose that focus, sports in general become frustrating and troublesome and honestly I'd rather not play.

What's my challenge for today, I hear you ask? Read a good book. By a good book, I mean one that you will enjoy.

I am thankful for people who are willing to stand up for what they believe, even if it makes them unpopular.

Later, gator

David

No comments:

Post a Comment