Saturday, October 23, 2010

The plot thickens...

It seems that new posts often come when a) I am really sad or forlorn; b) I am really tired and should be sleeping; c) excited about new prospects; d) desirous of sharing new insights; or e) any combination of the above or below. Okay!

Suffice to say, this post falls under the a and b categories. So let's get this over with so I can attempt to sleep tonight.

As most of you know, I have a desire (probably not the best word, but most readily available to my mental capacity at this present moment) to help young people-spiritually, emotionally in their day-to-day, basically in anyway that I can. Well, this year is no different (the cast may change but the plot twists are reused periodically) and I have once again found myself in a position to help.

Plot twist #1-when it comes down to to it, I am not nearly as much fun as I first appear. Allow me to explain: I feel that I am a pretty fun individual and I know how to laugh and have a good time. However, there comes a time in which it is necessary to put aside the need for fun and recognize the need for honor, integrity, and order. Part of this has come from current position, but it has also come from natural maturation that occurs (or at least should occur) as we progress through life and collect various experiences to add to our repertoire. Anyway, people who once found me to be pretty cool will eventually decide I am too much of a morally-minded individual and turn to other sources for a more balanced guidance. Maybe this is a lesson I need to learn-prior to this particular moment I have always placed the blame on the other person. Perhaps I need to think about this more before I come to a conclusion, but certainly something to ponder.

Plot twist #2-people will always let you down. I had a lot more to say but decided to just let it speak for itself.

I may continue this later, but right now I need to get some sleep.

These are our defining moments-what do they mean to you?

David A. Bell

10 comments:

  1. Just because you're morally minded doesn't mean you're not fun. Or at least that's what I'm choosing to believe. :-)

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with you Katie^^ cheer up,friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of people find different things fun, some people think partying is fun, some people think reading a book is fun, hey sometimes I sing while doing the dishes is fun. I'm sure you are a fun person in your own special way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with M.A. Vargas, for sure! Morally minded people are fun -- but maybe less morally minded people (the majority?) don't recognize it. And since we tend to define ourselves by how others do so, it might be hard for a morally minded person to recognize the fun in himself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peace and light, David

    I enjoy your blog site.
    I hope all is unfolding in your life in ease, joy, harmony, and abundance. Have a great 2011!!!!


    Bright blessings,

    Ten Nebula
    www.AGatheringofArtists.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing wrong with having morals; I for one don't touch that American Whisky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like drinking.So I can't do this and I don't have any idea about this.
    ===========
    seo process

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful article for a great soul!
    Too bad you stop blogging last year!
    Please come to my blog one day and leave us an interesting comment about my soft music
    A+
    soft piano music artist

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful "Suffice to say, this post falls under the a and b categories. So let's get this over with so I can attempt to sleep tonight."
    It is beautiful like the best French Cuisine from Palm Springs
    Visit our blog and join the conversation
    Palm springs best restaurant

    ReplyDelete