Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Just Can't Get You Off My Mind

There are so many thoughts going through my head, right now. Most of which I can't begin to fathom.

God has revealed a great deal to me and revealed even more how little I know, despite my priding myself on my discernment. I couldn't allow these events to transpire without acknowledging them and addressing them here.

God has been using me a whole lot lately-don't ask me, I don't understand it myself. I have been in situations in which an off the cuff remark has been turned into full fledged conversation and drawn people from places about which I had no idea.

Earlier in the week, Pastor Rob was speaking about Moses and his fear of speaking publicly and saying how he wasn't eloquent and that God should send someone else in his place. Well, God says that he will send Moses' brother Aaron to speak for him; however, if you look through Exodus you will see that at no point does Aaron speak for Moses-Moses is the one who does all the speaking. Well, I was thinking about this and I was like 'surely God knew that Moses was going to be the one who would be speaking, so why offer Aaron?' The more I thought about it, the more I thought that God saw through Moses' front of being afraid to speak and saw that Moses was afraid to be alone and so God sent his brother to be there with him and provide comfort. I hadn't thought about it that way before and I was so thankful for God offering that insight to me-because how many times I have tried to cover the real issues with facades and false fronts. Here lately I have tried to break that down and to be as upfront as I can with people, no matter how blunt I may be.

Well the events of tonight are similar, but also so different; however, I am still working through them, so I won't go into detail yet. I might later, but it is really late right now and I am tired.

These are our defining moments (more than I realize),

David A. Bell

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please look for your happiness

    http://dl3mashael.blogspot.com/

    http://dl3mashael.blogspot.com/2011/01/why-west-needs-to-islam-video-why-you.html

    http://dl3mashael.blogspot.com/2011/01/we-believe-jesus-peace-be-upon-him-we.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may be right about God sending Aaron to comfort Moses. I always figured that God was using a little reverse psychology. At any rate, God certainly wasn't going to any excuses.

    Also, keep that humility I hear in your comments going. It makes it much easier for God to use you.

    ReplyDelete