Sunday, January 17, 2010

Missed Opportunities

So when I sat down to write this blog I had no idea what I was going to talk about. But as I looked through my 'reading list' of other blogs, I came across one written by my friend Amy in which she quotes a prayer of Dr. Goodman. Suffice to say, my eyes are no longer dry. Well, I wanted to post that prayer as well, so here it is:

"May the Lord bless you and keep you,
may the Lord make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you.
May God give you the grace never to sell yourself short.
May God give you the grace to risk
something big for something good.
And may God give you the grace to remember that
the world now is too dangerous for anything but truth,
and too small for anything but love.
May God take your minds and think through them;
may God take your lips and speak through them,
and may God take your hearts and set them on fire.
Through our Father, through his Son,
and through the Holy Spirit.
Go in peace and be blessed.
You are Christ's, church. Amen."

-Dr. Daniel E. Goodman, Jan 4, 2009

So much of who I am and what I believe today has been shaped and informed by this man and I never got the opportunity to thank him for that, or even tell him how much he influenced me. I feel part of me will always regret that.

Tell someone how important they are to you, you never know when it will be your last opportunity.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment