Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blessed

Yesterday I was reminded of how blessed I truly am, and yet I still complain about minute details. This is not to say they are insignificant, for in all reality they are very important to me, but that's not much I can do to influence the results-so they become minute.

Job is an amazing individual. Plain and simple; even if you are not religious, you have to admit that Job provides a great example for enduring trials. If you haven't read Job, you should pick it up. But and I think I've given this advice before, you have to be in a "good place"; if you are torn up this book will rip you further. There again maybe that's what it takes-maybe you need to be destroyed so you can be rebuilt into something new.

One of my friends pointed me to the 13th chapter, verse 15 in which Job says that even if God were to kill him, still Job would have faith and hope in Him. I am still in awe of the power of that statement. I have difficulty trusting people in general, but even more so when they give me a reason not to trust them. So the idea of trusting someone even if they 'cause' bad things to happen to you astounds me. I can't do it.

Now, I am a very forgiving person. I always tell people, there will never be a time where I don't love you-I will always love you; I may not like you, but I will always love you. But that's about the only thing they get; from that moment on I will regard them with hesitation-whether they realize it or not.

Job had it all and lost it all. Yet, he remained secure in his faith. That, my friends, is strength.

David

"Though He slay me, I will hope in Him." Job 13:15

1 comment:

  1. I love your point about Job trusting through hardships. It's so easy to say, "God, I trust You" and less than two minutes later be screaming at Him because He hasn't solved your problem yet.

    In terms of relationships, I've never really thought about trust and love being seperate until I read this blog. That's interesting!

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete